Thanks so much to the Nearly To Newly blog for the Liebster Award nomination! See the post here:
List 10 random facts about yourself
Answer your nominator’s 10 questions
Nominate 10 new bloggers
Provide 10 new questions for your own nominees to answer
HERE WE GO!
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. I was actually an extra in the movie “American Virgin” starring Rob Schneider, Jenna Dewan, and Bo Burnham. I got some good screen time in my scene too! Below is the trailer, look for me in the yellow tank top at 2:16 (NSFW)
2. I’ve auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance twice – once in Phoenix and again in Detroit. I never made it either time, but I really love the experience and being able to say I did it.
3. I’m a huge adrenaline junkie. To the extreme I’ve been bungee jumping and skydiving, but vacation excursions have also allowed me to try out scuba diving, zip lining, and cliff diving. Needless to say, I love me a good roller coaster – my favorite being the Millennium Force at Cedar Point.
4. I’m truly obsessed with the color yellow. To elaborate, when I recently had to purchase a new car, I was one of the people who insisted it be a yellow one. I was aware that my options were then limited to like 10 cars within a 100 mile radius, but I would legitimately be unhappy with a different colored car.
5. My favorite workout is on aerial silks (you know, those Cirque du Soleil things). Nothing else can make a person feel so powerful and beautiful at the same time. Plus it adds in that little adrenaline rush I mentioned earlier.
6. Contrary to my love for adrenaline-inducing activities, I am intensely scared of ledges. For example, I will not walk along the railing on the second story of the mall. When I want to look over a ledge, I will crouch down really low until I am sure that I’m not going anywhere if someone pushes me or the wind knocks me down. That one movie, Man on a Ledge – torture to watch.
7. I find absolute pleasure in nerding out. I love having nerdy paraphernalia and getting people together to share the nerdy experience. Mario Kart and Tetris are common games at our house, as are movie/TV nights for shows such as Doctor Who. My wedding shower will be nerd themed, with each table having a different nerd-aspect. And it will be happening on Pi Day 2015. So excited!
8. I have licked the Eiffel Tower. Why you may ask? Because when my girlfriend and I went, we asked ourselves – what is something that possibly no one else can say they’ve done? Conclusion, lick the Eiffel Tower. When we got there, we were surprised to see how high the cement base reached until the actual metal tower began. So we climbed up until we could reach the metal. When we were almost done, some green berets started yelling at us in French. We’re guessing they wanted us to get down, but we just finished our mission real quick and everything was ok.
9. I like to read digital clocks upside down. For example, 9:00 would be DOG, or 11:18 would be BILL. It’s like I’m permanently a 5th grader who just realized they could write the word BOOBIES with their calculator.
10. I am really good at thinking before I speak. If people are going around telling stories and I have something I’d like to share, I actually think, is this contributing to the conversation, or do I just want to say it so that I can have a “me too” moment? I hate pointlessness. To this same point, if I’m upset about something, I won’t bring it up until usually the day after so that I can gauge if it was something to actually be upset about.
Nearly To Newly’s Questions For Me:
1. If you could have any career in the world [regardless of money and any skill you have] what would it be and why?
I would absolutely love to be on Broadway. I’ve never felt so fulfilled as I have than when I’m on stage for dance recital, a school play, or a choir concert.
2. If you could have lunch with any person [living or deceased], who would it be and what would you ask them?
Jennifer Lawrence – because who right now would want to have lunch with anyone else?! And what would I ask her? Hmmmm…. Will you be my best friend forever and we’ll sit at home watching Disney movies making alternative dialogue while eating pizza and popcorn until we’re sick?
3. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be?
Having already visited and actually feeling like I would enjoy living there, Chicago. But a city that I’ve never visited that just looks like a whole lot of fun to live in would probably be Sydney, Australia.
5. Why did you start blogging?
Two reasons. 1 – I treat it as a sort of journal to document my wedding planning process. Everyone says it’ll fly by and be over before you know it, and this way I can look back and reminisce. 2 – Knowing that we were going to be doing some untraditional things, I wanted to create a how-we-did-it guide for others looking to break the boundaries as well. I love to write and a blog seemed the best way to do this.
6. What’s one skill you wish you had?
I wish I could dance on pointe shoes. I never learned.
7. What’s your favorite recipe to make?
Well first I need to mention, I can’t cook. I can’t in the sense that I don’t enjoy it so have never tried anything beyond basic – but I make a mean grilled cheese. I can legitimately say I enjoy making those.
8. What’s your favorite book/series?
Hmmmm how about top books/series? Game of Thrones series (A Song of Ice & Fire), Xanth series, Marley & Me, Hunger Games series
9. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
I’d trade places with one of the astronauts on the ISS. I’d love to experience space for a whole day, and in a body that’s already used to it so that I didn’t waste it throwing up.
10. What’s your favorite topic to blog about?
My wedding ideas – things that haven’t come to fruition yet. Sometimes I forget to share these thoughts with Nick, and it’s not until he reads about them in my blog that we get to talk about it. FYI, he always loves my ideas =)
1. The Upsizers – great posts about the parent’s POV while planning their daughter’s wedding. This dad is hilarious, and any bride reading should think, he sounds like my dad!
2. My Tiny Obsessions – fun reads for pop culture and nerdom updated constantly.
3. It’s Dangerous To Go Alone – what I feel is the Murphy’s Law of wedding planning. So many struggles with decisions and getting the ball rolling.
4. One Awkward Year – this bride-to-be has a hilarious writing style and literally (I actually mean that) makes me laugh out loud.
5. My Caribbean Medical School Experience – my fiancés blog!
6. Blonde Jess Isn’t Sorry – a bride-to-be writing about her planning process. I just really feel like her and I would be friends in real life.
7. The Life & Times of a Realist Bride – another metro Detroit bride-to-be currently planning her wedding. I love to read through and think, I know that place! Great planning help.
8. The Adventures of Z&K – a bride recently wed, I loved following her planning process and now enjoy her newlywed posts. They’re such a cute couple.
9. Ramblings of a Newlywed – the title says it all. She’s currently pregnant and her posts have been quite entertaining. She seems like such a sweetheart.
10. My Walk Down the Aisle – another bride-to-be who’s really good at making you feel like you’re right there with her. Lots of pics to paint the picture!
(I know it says to list 10 blogs, but couldn’t fit everyone who deserved the award in ten slots: )
11. Wedding Paynes – a couple planning their wedding and taking turns posting the process, marked as “he said” and “she said.” Super cute.
Questions For My Nominees:
1. Are you double-jointed/can make something on your body crack? If so, what is it?
2. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them!
3. What is your favorite amusement park ride?
4. What is the last kind thing you did for a stranger?
5. If you had a fridge like Mary Poppins’ purse and money didn’t matter, what would your fridge be stocked with?
6. What’s the first thing you can remember wanting to be someday when you grew up?
7. If you had to pick only one thing that bothers you about other drivers on the road, what would it be? Are you also guilty of this?
8. In what order do you clean yourself when in the shower?
9. If your parents were to write a book about your life, what would it be called?
10. Why did you start blogging?
Read in the comments below for my answers to my own questions!